FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who Uses Corporate Housing?
- Business Travelers
- Construction / Contractors on Per diems
- Projects & Long-Term Assignments
- Insurance – Flood, Fire, or Other Loss of Use
- Medical Professionals & Patients
- Relocation Companies
- Individuals and Families in between homes
- Individuals going thru changes in family status
- See tab on the website labeled Furnished Apartments
What do I need to bring?
What Amenities will I have access to?
- On-Site Fitness Facility
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Business/Conference Rooms
- Covered Parking/Private Garage/Attached Parking Garage
- Pet Washing Stations
- Resident Social Lounge
- Coffee Bar
- Dog Run/Park
- Resident Events
- Parcel Locker System
All amenities vary based on individual communities
Can I bring a Pet?
- Most communities allow pets – certain breed restrictions and weight limits may apply
- The maximum number of pets allowed is TWO per apartment
- Pet Deposits will be charged – A portion will be non-refundable
- Monthly Pet Rent may apply
What are the lease terms?
Are there any additional fees?
- A refundable deposit may be required depending on lease term and credit worthiness
- A one-time fee of $150 will be applied to the first month’s bill to cover any administrative fees and the final clean fee
- Pet Deposits if applicable
- Housekeeping Services if applicable
- Upgraded Cable Services if applicable
- Excessive damages to apartment, furniture, or housewares will be charged to the tenant
How do I pay?
- We accept all major credit cards
- Direct Employer Billing is available
- The monthly rent is due on the First (1st) of each month.
- Project Number / Employee Number / Purchase Order Numbers can be added to the monthly invoice for reference or expense tracking
What is required to get started?
- Contact us via Email or Text and let us know what you are looking for (LINK TO CONTACT FORM)
- We will contact you with available options that fit your needs, term, and budget
- Once you select a location, a lease will be drafted and sent for review and signature
- An Occupant application will be required for each community to have on file with contact, automobile, and pet information as well as emergency contact information.
Do I have a choice of furniture?
- Yes! We will be sure to ask you about your furniture style and preferences during our initial conversations prior to set up.
How do I get the keys?
- If possible, we will arrange for a meet and greet to hand over the keys and walk you thru the apartment to answer any questions you may have. If not possible, we will leave the keys with the leasing office or leave a lockbox on the door for an after-hours arrival. Specific move-in instructions will be sent several days prior to your check-in date.
How do I handle maintenance issues during my stay?
- Contact our office at [email protected] or 713.822.5222
- Most maintenance items are addressed within 24 hours of notifying the community
What other services does McKenzie Drake offer?
- FREE apartment locating service in the Greater Houston Area.
- Let one of our licensed real estate agents assist you with finding an unfurnished apartment at no cost to you!